PA100-D

General discussion

PA100-D

Postby WA4MZS » 08 May 2018 02:24

Is there a operators manual available for the PA100-D v1.04? All I've been able to come up with is the later versions of the manual by Adrian, 5B4AIY.

Ed.
WA4MZS
WA4MZS

Re: PA100-D

Postby 5B4AIY » 08 May 2018 05:58

Hi, Ed,
No, as far as I am aware, the only technical description is that found on the web page related to this kit. Please be aware that the User Manual I have written is specifically intended for my modified firmware, which is significantly different from the original. My latest firmware is version 3.00c Build 6, and is available from this website. The update procedure is also available, and is quite straightforward. If you have any difficulties, let me know, and I'll try to be of help.
73, Adrian, 5B4AIY
5B4AIY

Re: PA100-D

Postby WA4MZS » 18 May 2018 21:49

Hey there Adrian!
A belated thank you for the info on the manual! I sort of had a feeling that would be the case. Difficulties??? How about computer 'savvy', that's my main one. Would really like to upgrade the firmware to v 3.00c, but . . . Guess I need to start asking around to see if I can find someone that would take the upgrade on for me. The amplifier (as it is now) is a 'delight'!! Using it with a FT-817nd. If I had the extra bucks would love to 'tackle' Juma's TRX2. Was kind of interesting working with surface mount components. Have to admit though, I did get someone else to install the µprocessor chip for me. That was a bit more than I cared to take on.

By the way . . . enjoyed your article 'My First Solo - Cyprus Style'. Brought back some fond memories. After my 'solo', lots of time in a Cessna 206. A nice 'truck'. It would haul a good load.

Again thank you for the info!

Ed.
WA4MZS
CWO3(ELC) USCG (Ret.)
WA4MZS

Return to Juma Discussion