JUMA TRX-2 Version 5.0a Build 8

Software developed by Adrian

JUMA TRX-2 Version 5.0a Build 8

Postby 5B4AIY » 23 May 2019 06:37

Build 8
This update makes the User Configuration menu more consistent. In the Calibration and User Configuration menus if a parameter adjustment was not consistent with the current settings, then that page was skipped. For example, in the Calibration menu, if you disable the over-voltage alarm, then the page that adjusted the setting is skipped, similarly in the User Configuration, if you change the microphone input to the LINE mode, then the Speech Processor setting is skipped. This update now does the same thing for the Serial Port Mode. If the mode is set to DISABLED, then the menu page that sets the port speed is skipped.

Build 7 (Removed, replaced with Build 8)
This version improves the mode selection for the RS-232 port. In all previous versions the port was essentially active all the time in one mode or another, even if nothing was physically connected to the port. In certain, admittedly very rare, circumstances with a lead connected to the port and the transceiver connected to a computer then it was possible for stray characters to confuse the operating system. This version now has an additional 'DISABLED' mode selection so that even if stray characters are received they will be discarded and ignored.

This version can be safely loaded over a previous version 5, but as with all firmware updates it is a wise precaution to make a note of your existing calibration and configuration settings prior to installing this update.

After installing this version, remember to enter the User Configuration mode and reset the RS-232 port mode. As an additional mode value has been introduced, your previous setting will be incorrect.

If updating from an earlier version as the EEPROM mapping is different then on initial power up you will receive a 'Checksum Error!' message and the calibration and configuration defaults will be installed. This only occurs the very first time. Again, make a note of your setting prior to updating and reset them afterwards. If updating from an original version then as the measurement system is completely different you will have to re-calibrate your transceiver.

NOTE: WHEN USING THE CALIBRATION MENU, IT IS ESSENTIAL WHEN SETTING THE OUTPUT POWER CALIBRATION THAT YOU DO NOT EXCEED 5W. TO AVOID OVERSTRESSING THE PA TRANSISTORS THE -3DB ATTENUATOR IS SELECTED. WHEN YOU RETURN TO NORMAL OPERATION YOU WILL FIND THAT THE CW OUTPUT POWER WILL THEN BE 10W. For full details please see the 'Forward Power Calibration' section, page 11 of the User Manual.

73, Adrian, 5B4AIY
Attachments
Juma TRX2 Operation Manual v5.00a Build 8 (Text Only).pdf
Updated User Manual
(362.63 KiB) Downloaded 1279 times
Juma TRX-2 v5.00a Build 8.zip
Updated Serial Port Mode settings
(350.32 KiB) Downloaded 1198 times
5B4AIY

Re: JUMA TRX-2 Version 5.0a Build 8

Postby YO6TJJ » 07 Oct 2021 05:04

Hi Adrian,
i have a fellow ham Ken Koyabu that owns a faulty TRX-2 that displays the following error on its screen: 7085. I am not familiar at all (i have not started documenting properly) with the JUMA TRX-2. I briefly checked the manual for this error code but i have not found any info. Could you please let me know if there is a specific error code list or you are familiar with this error for TRX-2?
He did not gave me any other info except the fact that the LCD is displaying 7085 at startup.
Thank you in advance!
A.
--
Best Regards,

YO6TJJ - Andrei AVIRVAREI
Founder

roWaves Technologies
VAT ID: RO41413136
Phone: +40 742 85 41 85
Web: https://rowaves.com/
Address: Str.Prof.Onisifor Ghibu|No.1|Sibiu |ROMANIA
YO6TJJ

Re: JUMA TRX-2 Version 5.0a Build 8

Postby 5B4AIY » 09 Oct 2021 06:25

Hi, Andrei,

With only this information, I am somewhat mystified as to what is happening. I should add that Version 5, build 8 is now quite old, and I would always recommend updating to the latest version. There are only 6 error messages that might be displayed:

Oscillator Trap - This can occur if the oscillator fails, and is fatal.
Address Trap - This can be triggered if the microprocessor sees an attempt to access un-mapped memory or incorrect memory, again, fatal.
Stack Trap - This is triggered if there is ever a stack overrun, and once again, fatal.
Math Error - This is triggered if there is an attempt to divide by zero, - fatal.
Unknown Error - Some glitch, power surge, or other event caused a wild write or other error, fatal.

Stack Trap and Address Trap errors can be triggered if the transceiver is connected to a device via its serial port operating at a high speed, for example, 115kBaud, and constantly interrupting the transceiver causing the 256 byte serial buffer to be overrun. A long time ago, during the development process of this redesigned firmware I put in code to monitor the amount of stack usage, and then added a significant safety margin. The firmware has now been in use for many years, and in hundreds of transceivers, so if there is a fatal error or bug, I would certainly have expected to have seen it by now.

In order to even begin to address the problem, I need much more information. Exactly what happens at switch-on with only a dummy load connected? Exactly what is displayed on the screen? Does the transceiver respond in any way to the buttons and knobs? Does it power up correctly, in other words, when you press the power button and release it, does it come up, this would signify that it is at least completing the boot sequence? Has he tried to re-load the firmware? Can he perform a hard reset?

Regards,
Adrian, 5B4AIY
5B4AIY

Return to Juma Firmware by 5B4AIY